Ripstone Games announced today of the release of Chess Ultra. Chess Ultra is considered to be the most beautiful chess game ever made, is out now on PlayStation, PlayStation VR, Steam, HTC Vive & Oculus, and coming to Xbox One June 23rd, and will also be available for the Xbox One X later on.
Chess Ultra features stunning 4K visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI that offers the ultimate chess experience.
The trailer also introduces the Grim Reaper, who players can meet face to face in VR, offering an experience that simply isn’t possible in real life. Virtual Reality players can challenge Death in the pits of Gomorrah, their mortal soul in the balance. Play well and he’ll get angry, his eyes burn with rage and the lava will flow ferociously; But lose, and he’ll reach over and take their soul.
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets displayed in striking 4K (platform-dependable)
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between console and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- Exportable PGN for every game, locally and online (PC version only)
- Full Twitch integration invites fans to play against their community (PC version only)
- In-depth tutorials
A new addition to Chess Ultra is Twitch integration. Chess Ultra will allow Steam players to stream the game live on Twitch and play against their streaming community, who will be able to enter chess moves into the chat. Chess Ultra is sure to be the challenge that all Grandmasters will enjoy.