Turtle Beach just announced information on a new microphone dedicated to streamers called Stream Mic. This will be a first of its kind professional desktop microphone created for gamers streaming directly from their consoles. Below is an excerpt from Tutrle Beach about some of the features of this microphone:
“With the Stream Mic, players can livestream gameplay from their Xbox One and PS4™, as well as from a PC or Mac thanks to universal plug-and-play compatibility. Additionally, the Stream Mic features adaptive mic patterns and fully customizable software, while a dual-capsule mic array with advanced digital processing supports multiple pick-up patterns for different applications and environments, and a zero-latency headphone output provides accurate monitoring so anyone can stream like a pro”.
- Console Livestreaming Made Easy – The first professional quality desktop microphone designed for gamers livestreaming directly from Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
- Universal Compatibility – Universal plug-and-play compatibility via a single USB connection to your Xbox One, PlayStation®4, PC or Mac.
- Adaptive Mic Patterns with TruSpeak™ Technology – High definition voice pick-up with Table Top and Boom-mounted modes for exceptional clarity.
- Professional Processing Performance – Studio-grade digital processing balances EQ, gain and compression to deliver superior voice performance.
- Built-In Headphone Amplifier – A zero-latency headphone output provides accurate monitoring over game audio and voice levels.
- Personalized Voice Tuning – A quick and easy to use software download offers voice presets to personalize your stream output.
- Multiple Mounting Options – Works with standard 5/8 inch microphone stands and booms (available separately).
- All-in-one Recording Solution – Perfect for recording commentary, vocals, podcasts, voiceovers, interviews and more.
I can see this product being a hit as its currently the only microphone on the market that is directed towards console based streamers. The Turtle Beach Stream Mic is planned to hit retailers this fall for $99.