The next iteration of the popular Plants vs. Zombies series opens their beta starts today, January 14 and is open until Monday, January 18. The beta contains “limited access” to the Backyard Battleground hub world, six new character classes, six game modes and four maps. The beta is available on both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 respective game stores RIGHT NOW. Check out the beta trailer below:
Here are some descriptions of some of the new game modes and features as described by EA:
- Herbal Assault – On the Moon Base Z map. Play as the plants on the attack in this all-new 24 player game mode.
- Gardens & Graveyards – On the Seeds of Time map. Go classic with a zombie attack and plant defense, where the plants must defend the gardens and prevent the zombies from capturing them all.
Along with the 24-player matches above, additional modes will be rotated in every day! Here’s what you’ll find:
- Team Vanquish
- Vanquish Confirmed
- Gnome Bomb
- Z-Tech Factory
- Frosty Creek
- New Character Classes
Each Character is designed to embrace a specific role on the battlefield with their own unique personality and abilities. Joining the existing characters from the original Garden Warfare are:
- Kernel Corn – Leading the plant offensive as the primary assault class with dual cob busters and a high rate of fire.
- Rose – An extremely powerful sorceress that can turn zombie foes into fully playable goats.
- Citron – A time-travelling bounty hunter from the future – and also an orange.
- Imp & Z-Mech – The smallest and most agile of the zombies that turns into a Z-Mech robo of mass destruction with missiles.
- Super Brainz – The flashy, punchy-powerhouse superhero with exceptional hair and charismatic smile.
- Captain Deadbeard – A crusty peg-legged captain with a trick weapon up his sleeve.